Linda Mar & Rockaway Trail
The towns of Linda Mar and Rockaway are situated right next door, South to North, and are part of the city of Pacifica in San Mateo County. Both are known for their surfing and small restaurants, Linda Mar features the only fast food restaurant on a state beach nation wide, Taco Bell. Connecting these two neighboring towns is a short paved path following the Coast Highway that goes up over the bluff. Branching off of the paved walkway are several smaller dirt paths that afford excellent views of the Pacific Ocean reaching all the way to San Francisco.
The Linda Mar / Rockaway trail is more of a stroll than a hike and you might only spend a half hour there exploring. Having lived in Linda Mar I enjoyed taking this walk after work, riding my bike and skateboarding along the paved sections then walking out along the dirt sections to enjoy a sunset or watch fellow surfers.
- GPS Location:
- Dogs: Yes, with leash
- Parking: Both Linda Mar and Pacifica have paved lots
- Restrooms: Yes + showers at Linda Mar for surfers
- Distance: 2 mile stretch with side dirt trails
- Difficulty: Easy with ~200ft elevation change
- Exposure: Very exposed, can be cold and foggy
- Traffic: Moderate/Heavy
- Arastradero Preserve Trail
- Mendocino Waterfall Loop Trail
- Devil’s Backbone Trail
- Angels Landing Trail
- Namaqua Hill Cave Hike